The Instance Details page exposes all of the relevant information about the instance, including the instance performance, monitoring configuration, incidents, maintenance schedules, availability, and more. The Instance Details page supports several actions to manage the instance metrics, maintenance, and if installed, the Panopta Agent and CounterMeasures. Performance-based graphs are displayed in the Performance section of the Instance Details page to help you visualize the status of each metric configured for the instance.
On this page
The Instance Details page
The Instance Details page is divided into several sections and tabs. Go through the following sections to learn more.
The Availability section shows the availability of the instance in a 24-hour, 7-day, or 30-day time range.
This section lists all of the actions that you can perform from the Instance Details page. Note that depending on the type of instance, some actions may not be available. Select the More icon to see the full list of actions available to the instance.
- Add Maintenance – Create a maintenance period for this instance.
- Apply template – Apply a template to this instance.
- Install Agent – Install the Panopta Agent to this instance.
- Rebuild Metadata – Rebuild the metadata to manually rescan your infrastructure for new instances.
- Reinstall Agent – Reinstalls the Panopta Agent.
- Remove Agent – Uninstall the Panopta Agent from the instance.
- Flush DNS – Forces a DNS update after an IP address change.
- Delete Instance – Select the Delete Instance button to remove the instance from Panopta.
- Request Port Scan – Available only for network devices. Select Request Port Scan to initiate port discovery
Active incidents are displayed on top of the Instance Details page. Selecting an incident will open the incident's details page. From there, you can respond to the outage.
The Details tab shows all of the information about the instance. Each field is described below.
- Server Key – Unique identifier assigned by Panopta to the instance.
- The status of the Panopta Agent, including the Agent's version, last sync, heartbeat alerts, CounterMeasures status, and last metadata build.
- Alert Timeline – The Alert Timeline associated with this instance.
- FQDN(s) – FQDN(s) associated with this instance.
- Monitoring Location – The public checker or OnSight vCollector used to monitor this instance.
- Auxiliary Timeline – The auxiliary Alert Timeline associated with this instance.
- Dashboards – Select View to display associated with this instance.
- Instance Group – The group where this instance belongs to.
- Templates – The templates applied to this instance.
- Tags – The tags applied to this instance.
- Prometheus Endpoints – If you are using Prometheus to monitor your instances, add a Prometheus endpoint to incorporate the metrics to your Panopta infrastructure.
- Maintenance – Scheduled maintenance for this instance.
The Incidents tab shows you a summary of all the incidents, whether active or resolved, for this instance. You can filter the list of incidents by selecting a severity type and by setting a time range.
Monitoring configuration tab
The Monitoring configuration tab shows all of the metrics configured for this instance. You can add monitoring and configure metrics from this tab.
The Activity tab provides a log of all actions performed on the instance. The initiator of the action, the date, and the action performed is detailed in the Activity Log table.
The Performance section provides a visual representation of the status of the instance. Each metric is represented by a line graph that can be filtered based on the metric type and scoped using a specific time range.